marry someone who makes bad jokes and good coffee
i don’t ever want to come to a stand still moment in life where i’ll say this is it, this is all that there is. i want to be constantly moving and learning and growing and discovering new things about people/the world/myself. i don’t want to settle just because it’s comfortable.
I like the way my name sounds when you say it.
little things that help ease symptoms of depression:
- turn the lights on and open a window
- eat something healthy and drink ice cold water
- find a comforting album to listen to whenever things get bad
- take a long, relaxing bath
- do yourself up in full make up and hair
- be around people, even if you don’t think it will help
- watch something funny on netflix
- wear your favorite/most comfortable outfit
- immerse yourself in a hobby like drawing
- lose yourself in a really good book or movie
10.21.14 @ 00:32♥85
I carry this water bottle around on purpose because I know the kids will ask me why I have a pink one. This is how every convo has gone:
Kids: Mr.C Why do you have a pink water bottle?
Me: Because I like pink, why?
Kids: Pink is for girls
Me: Do you know why it’s for girls?
Kids: No it just is
That’s when I go into a brief lesson about how pink is JUST a color (I am the art teacher so they think I am the authority on colors) for everyone.
As a teacher I am trying my hardest to re-educate these kids in the most non threatening way possible. It will take them a minute to understand that pink isn’t a “girl color”, but a color we can all love….BUT DAMMIT I HAVE TO AT LEAST EXPOSE THEM TO THIS SORT OF THINKING!!!
REBLOG AND TAG TEACHER…I WANT TEACHER TO SEE THIS..hopefully it will inspire them to join the movement and deconstruct gender roles/rules